Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, March 3, 2007

How We Met and Other Info

Hubby and I met in 2001, online, via AOL. I asked him about his "unusual" screen name, which was based off of a cartoon. We started chatting on and offline. I eventually came to see him but not before letting everyone know where I was going, his home and work number, etc. Gotta be careful these days. He was twice divorced, same as me and had a 8 yr old at the time. We made sure to meet the weekend he didnt have his son because we didnt know how things would progress relationship wise and its always so confusing for children when meeting someone new and then never seeing them again. Click on pictures to enlarge

Day we got married



Amusement Park


Les was the perfect gentleman. Needless to say, I ended up moving here and have been here ever since. We've gone through a lot in our marriage, even on the verge of divorce more than I care to mention. It wasnt until he was diagnosed with a brain cancer called Glioblastoma. It is the highest grade of cancer. It was then that we both realized that all the things we fought about or thought were important, really werent. That was one of many times in my life that I was scared. He is in remission now and if its the Lord's will, he will continue to stay that way for a long time to come.

Finally able to eat
Done With Radiation


Les retired from the Navy in 2003 and will be graduating in May 2007 with a BA in Electrical Engineering which is a dream come true for him and I'm a college student majoring in Social Work/Counseling and Im also a volunteer advocate for the YWCA

No comments: