Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Surgery Day - May 30th, 2007

We were running late because traffic was horrible, mostly due to it raining. Well after listening to my messages, I found out that surgery had been bumped from 9am to 6am..oh well.

The anesthesiologist came in and I explained to him that I always got sick coming out of it..so he said he'd administer something else. I was then given a sedative and that is all I remember until finally waking up in my room.

I was surprised that I wasnt as sore like I was from the surgery in 2005. For the first time ever, I had to do breathing treatments. That SUCKED big time. I did hurt some and only had to get Morphine a few times as compared to last time. My biggest issue was feeling sick. This time I also developed a minor case of bedsores on my buttucks. Weird!! Hubby explained to me that the surgery ended up lasting 4 1/2 hrs instead of 3. The first 1 1/2 hrs was just trying to get thru all the scar tissue/adhesions. When I was able to finally speak with the doc, he said on a scale of 1-10, I was a 15. He said he couldnt distinguish my bowels from my tubes and for that first 1 1/2 hrs, he couldnt see my ovaries or anything cause of the scar tissue. He said it was a good thing he had someone trained in bowel reconstruction and such cause my insides were a mess. He was able to free up my ovary, he did recontruction on them as well. He was able to free up my bowels and remove a small amount of endo I had. Removal of the Fibroid was a success as well.

I was due to go home on Friday but only IF I could go boo boo. I was passing plenty of gas but going boo boo, was just out of the question, despite being given stool softner. I didnt want to be there..I just wanted to go home, so the nurses were pretty persistant in getting the doc to release me and shortly after lunch, I was able to go home..Yaaaay

No comments: