Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Recovery and Post Op Appt

This is where I slept from the time I got home up until 2 days ago. Man my walls so need some paint



Its still a lil difficult sleeping in bed but its easier cause I have a ton of pillows. Not to mention sleeping in the recliner was making the bedsores worse. Being a former nurse, it was something I did not want to become worse. The first few days, I was just really tired, hot and sick.

I was finally able to take a shower and had hubby to change my dressing. I hadnt realized I had gotten so many staples. 27 of em. I ahh, popped 2 of em out..so I think the pic shows 25. Yes, I was doing stuff I shouldntve been doing. I know..bad..bad..Syl



My pre op appt was on the 11th, so I was just going to address everything then. I was so praying that the staples would come out at that time cause I was sarting to get an infection

PRE-OP Appt

I went in. Doc examined the area and stated it looked like a minor infection. I was to watch it and if it didnt all drain out. Id have to come in for him to drain it.

he began taking the staples out and talk about hurting. He ahd the nurse and hubby to talk with me and poor hubbys hand. Im surprised he stills has blood in em from me squeezing so hard. The staples coming out hurt like a mutha*bleep*.

We then went back to his conference room. Again he explained that he "cleaned up" everything and that I shouldnt be in anymore pain. I was also told to basically sit my black a** down. I admit I have been doing too much. I explained that I was really tired and that I was also sick. The tireness was from me trying to do too much after such a major surgery. The sickness was probably due to something called Gastritis because of the work that had been done to my bowels. I was told to cut out beef for awhile and my first thought was..."Whaaaaaaat, no Mickey D double. Ive been eating a lot of chicken and I guess "one" good thing is...Ive lost 13lbs cheeseburger??"

I was told to wait until at least 3 months to give my uterus time to heal before doing another round of IVF, so it'll be in August sometime before we try again.

My next pre-op appt is the 2nd of July

No comments: