Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

I Havent Posted In Awhile *Update*

Well I ended up getting this:



I went in for my beta and the number came back really low. Everyone seems to think that I ended up having a Chemical Pregnancy. Shortly thereafter, sure enough I started bleeding. Talk about devastating.

I contacted my previous doctor that performed the cauterization of my tubes to see about cycling with him or at the very least have the Fibroid removed because I had always had a sinking feeling, that was part of my problem. He emails me back stating he would refer me to someone.

I then emailed him asking why he wouldnt allow me to cycle with him based on my FSH level after finding out there are women cycling with him with an FSH level way higher than mine and his response was:

Your high FSH level combined with your age make it unlikely that you will be successful. Also, I would have a hard time getting access to the ovaries due to the large size of your uterus.

First, Im a little upset because the dr in Mexico was able to reach it. Im only 37 and there he has allowed women older than me to cycle and the reason why my uterus is enlarged is due to the Fibroid.

Secondily, Im REALLY pised because I asked "repeatdily" if the Fibroid was an issue and I was always told no. If I had known this prior to going to Mexico, I could have had surgery done to remove it.

So I email him back with this:

Thank you for your honesty as much as it hurts. I thought that the fact that my uterus was enlarged would be a problem. Since my uterus is an issue, would I have to use a surrogate? Even if I went with a donor, it seems like there may be implantation issues still using my own body.

He emails me back with:

That's correct. But if you have the fibroids removed, the uterus can be in a better shape, but there's no guarantee

Now he talking about having to use a surrogate on top of everything else???? Sure there are no guarantees to anything BUT I could have been told this before doing IVF #1.

I started calling around and doing research to find a doc skilled at removing Fibroids and found one.

No comments: